From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The long and slippery slope to unicode support...

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, Everyone:

I am tasked with adding multi-language support to an application and I thought I would use the undocumented LV unicode support.  I am using the suite of tools from here.  I know that the it's unofficial, subject to change, unstable, and all that... but has anyone had any game-breaking experiences using it?  I'd like to know before I travel too far down this road...

Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 1 of 4
(2,302 Views)

No one has any comments to make?  I heard of one person that had it do weird things to his dev environment, but I only saw the one instance.  Are there others out there that had all the text in the dev environemt (i.e., menus in the project manager, stuff like that) interpreted as Unicode characters?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,246 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author billko

@billko wrote:

Are there others out there that had all the text in the dev environemt (i.e., menus in the project manager, stuff like that) interpreted as Unicode characters?

Some - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Why-does-my-LabVIEW-occasionally-display-in-Chinese/m-p/1175603#M510...

Thanks.  The link was very informative.  I feel I understand the risk now, and some possible workarounds.  If it was only me, I'd dive right into it.  Being that there will be some developers with less experience, I'm need to carefully consider.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,203 Views)