cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The icon editor becomes slow after importing glyph

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using the built-in icon editor of Labview2019
I put a bunch of png icons up to 250mb into the glyph folder and clicked the refresh button. After a long wait, those icons finally appeared in the icon editor.
Great.......?
Nope! After that, my icon editor became very slow, and I had to wait a long time for a response to do anything.
Besides removing the newly added glyph, is there any way to make it respond faster?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,898 Views)

Do you mean, you've some png files up to 250Mb in size? or the total size of all png in the folder sum up to 250Mb.

If it is the former, you can downsize them as the VI Icons are limited to 32x32 pixels.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,868 Views)

250mb is a quarter of a bit, so your units make no sense. 

You need to be significantly more clear. How many files?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,860 Views)

Google Translate doesn't seem to fully convey what I mean. Sorry for not being clear enough. English is not my native language.
There are 47,026 images, totaling 250Mb, downloaded from the Open icon library. Sizes range from 16x16 to 128x128, all are square

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,836 Views)

That sounds like madness! I don't think the code is optimized to read tens of thousands of images and render them in the icon editor UI in a reasonable amount of time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,814 Views)

bbplay110@gmail.com wrote:

Google Translate doesn't seem to fully convey what I mean. Sorry for not being clear enough. English is not my native language.
There are 47,026 images, totaling 250Mb, downloaded from the Open icon library. Sizes range from 16x16 to 128x128, all are square

How do you even search and pick an image from the 47k files in that folder?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bbplay110@gmail.com

Yeah as others have said that is way too many glyphs.  And keep in mind all LabVIEW subVI icons are 32x32 pixels at most.  Any you have that is larger than that isn't going to be useful.  Here is a post I made years ago that has some common ones I use.  The zip is 3MB.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,798 Views)