LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Application of the Event Filter Node While Using Mouse Down?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a question about the application of the Event Filter Nodes of the Mods and PlatMods.

As for the Event Filter Node of "Button", I can change the reponse after I click the botton, either to right click or left click.

The Event Filter Node of Discard is more common to use, it can provide the chance to discard the whole button action.

But now I cannot realize how to utilize the Event Filter Node of the Mods and PlatMods.

As I change the value of the double click Event Filter Node, so what?

Could someone give some idea or suggestion? Example or scenario is preferred, thanks a lot.

EventNode.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,685 Views)

No idea why you woud ever need to do that.

Maybe if you had a shift click or alt click, then you want to remove the alt or the shift from the event.  That probably matters more for some types of controls then others.

Is there a reason why you are asking?  Until you come across a situation where you think that it might be useful for you, I don't know why you'd worry about going to look for a situation.  Basically, when you need it, you'll know it, but until then, don't worry about it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,679 Views)

Hi, RavensFan,

Your first sentence is just my question.

I 'have no idea in what situation I need to do that.

Maybe I should modify my topic as "How do I utilize the Mods(Double Click) in the Event Filter Node?"

I don't realize your example in the second paragraph, can you explain more?

The reason is just from curiousity, all I want to know is just how to make use the Event Filter Nodes, especially for double click. Why NI program developer put the Mods/PlatMods in the Event Filter Node? But the question is too abstract, so I'd like to realize how to utilize the double click in the Event Filter Node. From the time being, I have no idea when can make use of it.

Though, it is no problem for me now, but I'm glad to hear someone could give me some idea how to make use of it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,654 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author William1225

There are many reasons why you would want to change the action with the filter node. For example if you also have a value change event for the button, you could turn a right-click (which normally would open the right-click menu) into a left click that then immediately fires the value change event.

Similarly, you could have a value change and a double-click even for a listbox. Then you could add a fiterling mouse down event that would turn a single-click (normally only trigering a value change) into a double-click for certain values, but leave it at a single-click for other values.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,643 Views)

Yes, it seemed it works from controls those intrinsically have double click event case.

So I can make use of the double-click function.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,624 Views)