From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text to speech

Solved!
Go to solution

HiSmiley Happy

I want to Start with text to speech in LabVIEW.

I searched in the forum and did a bit of  googling but wasnt able to start from anywhere!!Smiley Sad 

Kindly guide me from where should i start. Windows has a facility of reading text but how to access that in labVIEW

Thanks

Somil Gautam
Think Weird
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,833 Views)

Hello Somil,

What i did in one of my previous project was donload a text to speach software (i used "yRead2") and called it throguh "system exec.vi" dynamically..

I had createdcertain text files so that the "yRead2" just spoke what was mentioned in the text file....Hope this could have some use to you...

By the way i saw a blog  on eyes ov vi's

http://www.eyesonvis.com/blog/2009/07/lvspeak-automating-vi-development.html

which talks more about .......

Guru

CLA

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,810 Views)

Hi Guru ji Smiley Wink    (i hope you dont mind me calling you guruji)

I dont want to use some other software. I want pure LabVIEW.

And the good news is, i ve found out a way. We can use the Speech library functions in windows directly in labVIEW. By doing a bit of coding, one can make LabVIEW read the desired Text 

Somil Gautam
Think Weird
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,806 Views)
good that you have found out a solution...Any example vi's?
Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,794 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Somil
Here it is.
Somil Gautam
Think Weird
Message 5 of 9
(4,791 Views)
awesome text to speech synthesizer......sir can u explain this vi
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,356 Views)

This post is three years old so I doubt you will get an answer.  He's just calling the free Ispeech object through ActiveX though.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,321 Views)

I am  doing sign language translation using labview.....need text to speech synthesizer vi without using any software and also gesture recognition module 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,309 Views)

As NIquest mentionned, this is an old thread.

You should post your question in a new thread.

But before you do, can you explain what you mean by "need text to speech synthesizer vi without using any software"?

How do you plan tyo implement something without software?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,266 Views)