cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text overlay/annotation onto an intensity graph

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi,
I am trying to overlay a text onto an intensity graph. It'd be good if the text overlay was behaving as an extra layer like for the IMAQ image display indicators.
I've tried 2 methods.
1- I'm creating a text overlay and I'm placing it onto a picture control. The picture control is placed on top of the intensity graph with transparent borders (to pretend it doesn't exist).
The problem with this method is the background of the text overlay isn't see through. The other problem is I cannot pan and zoom in/out with the intensity graph tools since the picture control sits on top of the intensity graph.
Later on, I can see issues when trying to pan as the overlay must follow the pan move.
2. I am creating a text overlay using the picture control and converting it into an intensity graph (Convert picture to pixmap etc...). This second intensity graph only contains the text overlay. Then I am merging the two intensity graphs by pulling some 2d subset out of a the main intensity graph at a location corresponding to the mouse pointer, replacing it with the second intensity graph (the one containing the text overlay) and putting it back into it's original spot in the 2d array.
This is tremendiously slow (700ms for one text overlay) and the issue is now the overlay is merged with the intensity graph, it changes color when playing with the Z scale palette and grows with the zoom.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,778 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author raph.yyz

Use the intensity plot property, Plot images->Front.  This is actually a picture control overlay right on the graph (free of charge).  I love the Plot images which were snuck into the graphs a few versions ago, a very under-utilized feature.  Now just use any picture functions to create taxt or what ever you might desire.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,776 Views)
Thanks, that works great except the additional picture control layer doesn't support the pan and zoom functions of the intensity graph...:(
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,739 Views)