From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text based code break point

Hello,

I am using text based code inside a formula node. Is there a way I can step into the code within the formula node/or add break points inside the code within the formula node and see the results of each line of the code. I know LV has a debugging tool that alows to step into/step over sections of the code, but it steps into the formula node (as a whole) and executes all the lines of the code all at one go. I would not want to do that and would like to know if there is a way to execute the text based code sequentially. 

Thanks and appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,144 Views)

This only works with the MathScript node, not with the plain old formula node.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,130 Views)

Altenbach, Thanks! Thats disappointing to know though! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,121 Views)

If your formula node is that complex you may want to consider implementing it directly in LabVIEW. Implementing fairly complex logic inside of a formula node is not the most efficient way of writing code.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,114 Views)

I am trying to build a process control application, which has numerical solutions to differential equations etc. I understand that this is not the most efficient, but since I have to keep tweaking these programs quite often, I use the text based code which I am more comfortable altering regularly. So, I wanted to see if there was something I could do to add break points in the code. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,110 Views)