LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text & Pict Ring

I've tried to make use of this control "Text & Pict Ring" Control but each time found it to be useless.

• about 40% picture is covered up because the position is not centered and centering is not adjustable.
  • the index button are just too small for a user to operate without editing the control.
  • picture are loaded statically only which force use of other tools to load/show pictures.

Is this control just a long standing bugging control never used in Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(692 Views)

I've used it once or twice.  It's tedious, but not impossible, to set up.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(660 Views)

Hi richjoh,

@richjoh wrote:

I've tried to make use of this control "Text & Pict Ring" Control but each time found it to be useless.

• about 40% picture is covered up because the position is not centered and centering is not adjustable.
  • the index button are just too small for a user to operate without editing the control.
  • picture are loaded statically only which force use of other tools to load/show pictures.

Is this control just a long standing bugging control never used in Labview?

Some comments:

• They are used to have a user select one of several options by selecting an icon instead of some text. (Some users might prefer icons over text…)
  • They are used to show animations made from several images (like indicating wait time using that Win95 sandglass)…
  • When you add images to the PictRing you as developer should use images of same size!
  • Yes, the amount of images is defined at edit time: PictRings are used in Enum style even though they are named "Rings"…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(639 Views)