LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand and Labview interaction

Hi all! I am new using TestStand. I have realized a user interface with a VI. I have to call these interface more times during the execution of the TestStand sequence.

The basic three step on my sequence are:

- call user interface

- call a second VI for some elaboration

- recall the user interface updated with results from second VI execution

When the first step is executed (first user interface call), the front panel of the interface disappears. It is possible to avoid that the front panel disappears. I have tried some settings under Run Options, but I have not found the correct one. When the second VI has completed its execution, the front panel of the user interface must be updated with results from second VI (closing the first front panel and recalling user interface).

Thanks in advance.

Claudio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,595 Views)

I'm not sure just what it is you wish.

Are you talking about the TestStand user interface?

Could it be related to the "TestStand Widow Activation" setting on the Run Options tab?

Could it be related to "TestStand - Start Modal Dialog"?

Or are you talking about a user interface you created as a VI popup?

From TestStand you wish to run TestStep #1 which call Test_VI_1 and Test_VI_1 opens up it's front panel as an user interface.

You wish for the Test_VI_1 front panel to stay open even after Test_VI_1 returns back to TestStand.

So when you then run TestStep #2 which recalls Test_VI_1 the front panel is still open with update results from TestStep 1 and TestStep 2.

To do that you will need to launch your user interface VI using the VI server with the "Wait Until Done" set to False. The VI popup front panel will than stay open in between TestStand steps. You can update data on the front panel of the VI with the ref to it. Then at the end of the TestStand seq you can close your user interface VI using the same ref to it.

You might try posting this over on the TestStand forum.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,581 Views)

I have created a user interface as a VI pop-up. When this interface pop-ups, the sequence must wait until the user has pressed Start button on this interface. Then the second VI is executed and then I have to update the interface with a result (as a string).

Where do I have to place "Invoke node" to run VI with the "Wait Until Done" set to False?

Thanks,

Claudio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,561 Views)

I guess I am still not sure how you wish it all to work

First let me assume you are NOT talking about a TestStand "User Interface" that you have written in place of the user interface that you see when you first launch TestStand (TestExec) before any testing is started. I think your are talking about something that might been more like a "dialog box" that is call from a normal sequence step

What I assuem you are wishing is

• After the preUUT callback (where you enter the UUT serial number) you wish for a dialog box to pop up and wait for for the operator to press Start. This dialog box VI must stay open.
  • Then TestStand starts sequencing through your tests calling each one from TestStand and not from this dialog pop VI.
  • Test Step 1 is called from TestStand, but results are displayed on the dialog pop VI
  • Test Step 2 is called from TestStand, but results are displayed on the dialog pop VI
  • Test Step 3 is called from TestStand, but results are displayed on the dialog pop VI
  • etc, etc, etc
  • As each Test Step is run, each test VI will report it's results back to the dialog pop VI.
  • The standard TestStand user interface will be behind your dialog pop VI the whole time.
  • When the test is done the dialog pop VI will close and the post UUT callback will display the stardard UUT test Pass/Fail results.

If this is close, the dialog pop VI will need to be called from a (new) parent VI via the VI server. This could be placed in a number of places in your test sequence before any test steps. This new parent VI will need wait and monitor the dialog pop VI to detect when the operator has pressed Start via the VI server. Once it has deteced that the start button has been pressed, the new parent VI returns back to TestStand passing a refernce to the pop subVI back to TestStand. TestStand than sequences through each test step passing the referance down to each so that they can update the results to a string control on the pop up VI. When the tests are all done you will have to have a step that calls a VI that will close the pop up VI and destory the VI referance or you could just minimise the window and reuse it for the next UUT and only destory it after the UUT loop.

You will have to work on the "TestStand Widow Activation" setting to get TestStand from not moving in front of your pop up VI.

Or you could create your own TestStand user interface (TestExec) to look the way you want it to look. There are LabVIEW examples.

Have you asked this over in the TestStand Forums?

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,539 Views)