LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Sequence Context reference becomes invalid

I have an Action step VI that calls another VI asynchronously and passes the TS sequence context along. Inside the Async VI, the reference becomes invalid when i check with not a refnum function. 

Async Call.jpg

The error is: 

Error 1 occurred at Unzulässige Funktion.
in Initialize Termination Monitor.vi->TPL.PXI RF.Interface.lvlib:AsyncObjects_Viewer.vi->TPL.PXI RF.Interface.lvlib:AsyncObjects_Viewer.vi.ACBRProxyCaller.D4A00078

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.

Async VI.jpg

How is the  reference going out of memory?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,024 Views)

Update:

When I turn off my highlight execution in the Async VI, the reference seems valid. But the problem is that I want to pass this reference to a sub VI inside a While loop within the Async VI and the reference becomes invalid in the while loop and a valid one is not passed into a sub VI. I also tried using the reference as a global variable but it does not help.

I have attached a simple TS program and VIs to present my case. Have a look

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,979 Views)

Hello,

Please send back full LabVIEW project with a VI that can generate the same error, enclosed in a ZIP file, because I didn't encounter any errors on my side while running your attached VI.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,936 Views)

It still doesn't run the way I want it to. I didn't say how to run the VI previously. 

Please follow the steps 

1. Have the front panels of Called VI open

2. Run TS program and minimize the message pop up

3. In Called Vi, click check button and observe the dialog boxes

4. Click stop to end all VIs

5. Close the message popup in TS to end the program

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,922 Views)

Hi GoKu25,

It has been a while this post was active.

Are you still experiencing an issue with reference becoming invalid in your application?

Thanks,

Patrik

Patrik
CTA, CLA
Helping (sharing) is caring!

If the post was helpful - Kudo it.
If the post answered your question - Mark it as Solution.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,816 Views)

Yeah, I haven't been able to find a solution and ended up using a global variable to make it work

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,797 Views)

Hi,

could you share a solution with us to have this topic solved and closed with your workaround?

Patrik

Patrik
CTA, CLA
Helping (sharing) is caring!

If the post was helpful - Kudo it.
If the post answered your question - Mark it as Solution.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,793 Views)