LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Equipment for power supply

Hi! I'am currently developing test software for Power supply. Can you help me find test equipment such as Programmable AC source, DC Electronic Load, Oscilloscope and Digital multimeter which we can use for our mass production. I'am looking for a cheaper but reliable equipment.

Thanks....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,006 Views)
This question is even more vague than your earlier one. You haven't provided a single specification for any of the instruments you require. There aer dozens of instrument manufacturers (NI, Tek, Agilent, Keithley, Fluke, etc.) and even before you contact any of them, write down a requirements list. for example, AC supply at x many volts with y amount of current, etc. and a GPIB/PCI/Ethernet/USB/whatever programming interface. The test equipment must be capable of meeting the requirements for testing the product and if you don't have that information, you are in for some trouble.
Message 2 of 5
(2,982 Views)

I apologize for my vague question...

Okay... Here are my product specifications for my power supply project

>>Input Voltage ( AC ~ ).

a. From 100 - 240Vac Nominal.

b. From 85 - 265Vac Maximum range.

>>Input Frequency

47- 63Hz.

>>Input Current

a. 1.50A max at 90Vac.

b. 0.75A max at 265Vac.

>> Inrush Current

100A max at cold-start and 25degree Celcius, dc output full-loading and 230Vac input.

>> Hold-Up time

10 msec minimum at dc output full loading and 110Vac 50/60Hz input.

>> Input wattage at output no-loading condition

Less then 1.0Watt at rated 240Vac voltage and frequency condition.

I'm currently using HP 34401A Digital Multimeter, Lecroy WaveSurfer 434 Oscilloscope,Chroma Programmable AC Source Model 61602 and Chroma DC Electronic Load Model 63101 for the development stage. I used LabVIEW in my initial test software with GPIB,RS232 and TCP/IP interfacing. I need to modify my software for mass production with cheaper equipments.

Can you help me find alternative equipment with LabVIEW driver?

Regarding my first inquiry, that project had been hold due to global crisis.

Thanks....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,954 Views)

Hey joice,

If my understanding of your question is correct, you're looking to get different equipment than the things you've listed below, intend to communicate with the new equipment in LabVIEW, and want to know which devices are supported in LabVIEW?

First, LabVIEW is going to be able to communicate with whatever instrument you decide to purchase if you're communicating over GPIB, RS232 and TCP/IP. You will be able to use NI-VISA, NI-488.2, and NI-Serial functions from LabVIEW to communicate. Second, it will definitely be easier programming-wise to work with the device if we supply an Instrument Driver for that device. You can find a listing of all the Instrument Drivers that we provide from our Instrument Driver Network, found here : http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/

Lastly, you should be able to build an NI PXI system that does what all of these other devices do. There are many advantages to this type of system over traditional benchtop instruments, some of which include a more compact system, more reliable communication, faster communication, and increased modularity. Take a look at the PXI Advisor to see if you can build a system similar to the one that you have now, found here : http://ohm.ni.com/advisors/pxi

For some general information about PXI, take a look at this DevZone article : What Is PXI?

Message Edited by Justin_E on 03-12-2009 03:53 PM
Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,916 Views)

Hi justin,

Thanks for your reply, Yup....I am looking for different but cheaper equipment that we can use in mass production.

I can already communicate with instruments I listed above through LabVIEW.In fact I already did test software for this project for the development stage. I am now looking for alternative equipments that we can use in our manufacturing. We need a cheaper one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,881 Views)