From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature Control Loop

I am new to Labview and am trying to do something that I think should be simple.  It is a control loop to perform a temperature control process.  Two setpoints are entered and the loop turns on the appropriate function to either heat or cool to that first setpoint.  Then it holds that temperature for a preset time and switches to the second setpoint (haven't gotten that far yet.)  It then turns on the heater or cooler to get to that next setpoint.  Once there it holds for a preset time.  My thought was to used the timed loop counter, feed the counter to an indicator while the it was not at temp, then once at temp store that counter value.  Once the difference between the stored value and the current counter was at a preset value switch the temperature set point.

The attachment is under the heading testing case statements, that is kind of the way it turned out.
I am currently learning on Labview 7.1.

I have attached my current code: Be gentle.

DrLarry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,392 Views)

I cleaned up your code some, but i cant post it as 7.1, i'll post it as 2010 and a picture. You were closeTesting Case Statements.png.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,385 Views)

Thank you Yamaeda, I appreciate the effort.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,366 Views)

Hey DrLarry, 

If you are already done, then disregard this message. A cleaner way to implement this code would be to use a case structure-here is a tutorial (the two follow-up lessons are in the related links on the right). Good luck!

Cheers,

Kellis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,356 Views)

Hi Kellis,

I appreciate it and will take a look.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,345 Views)