LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temp Control Problem

Hello, 

I currently have a sample holder with 4 heaters to heat up sample. I am trying to control the temperature for any given hold time that I put into the program. I am able to get current temperature reading but have been unable to control the heaters through the program. I have attached the current VI I am working. How should I fix the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(779 Views)

I have had a brief look at what you have created, the fact that it doesn't work does not suprise me. I am impressed with how crazy you have managed to make your program! try starting again and applying the following ideas.

I have a few suggestions on how I would improve this program:

• Ensure that the code within each VI or Sub VI does not fill more than the screen you are working, all aspects should be visible at all times.
  • Each different task, function or stage should be enclosed in its own Sub VI, this makes it so much easier to fault find, condense and make your code more efficient as well as making it easier to understand.
  • Regarding the above, I enjoy using flow charts to plan in advance what I need to make happen and when, some free software I can recommend is UMLet.
  • Once you have made Sub VI's it is a good idea to introduce an error cluster in order to force the sequencing of events, and to ensure the software deals with any errors in a safe and controlled manner.
  • You may also find the use of clusters useful to condense the various data lines and wires you have going to multiple locations.
  • I also always appreciate a clean looking User Interface.

Apply the above and you'll be flying! Good luck, and keep up the hard work 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(656 Views)