LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table by reference

I am passing a table by reference to a subvi. I change the values in some cells. When I try to save the values I get Error 1055, object reference invalid. Attached are Testsppspp.vi, buildsetptprofile.vi and editrs232setting2.vi. After starting the testsppspp.vi, click on the Load/Specify Setpoint Profile button. In the buildsetptproflie vi it will display the original table. Click the Show Profile button to display the plot. When you hit the Save button (not the Save as CSV File button) I get the following error 

girish53_0-1676317954632.png

I think I have set the references correctly. I don't know why I get this error.

Thank you. 
Girish

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(606 Views)

In "buildsetptprofile.vi", in the case frame "Initialize", you have the method "Default Values:Reinitialize All To Default".

That changes "setpttbl" to not-a-refnum.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(582 Views)

Few observations on the source code you have shared.

1. Make sure Error wires are properly connected  (All Property/Invoke Nodes connected to error wire based on the expected sequence of operation.

2.Place the Button Controls in the respective event structure created.

3.Connect the table control reference directly to the get set property nodes (This will solve your problem)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(525 Views)