From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabcontrol with radiobuttons

Hello,

I am using one tabcontrol and two radio button ,one radio butoon consists of player and non Player and second radio button  image1 to image6

when i click player ans nonplayer radiobuttons it is moving tab but i want to click images radiobutton also in that tab

But it showing error as ennumation conflit but i have keep  both radio buttons and tab names as same

i dont know where,s the mistake. 

Please help me this, i am attaching file  below

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,489 Views)

Hi rasi,

i have keep  both radio buttons and tab names as same

You did?

Tab control has 8 pages - "RadioButton" has just 2 and "RadioButton 2" has 6 items.

Are you still sure they are "same"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,469 Views)

Hi GerdW

Sorry for late reply,

No They are not same

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,426 Views)

Hello

i keep tab control inside radio button now its working as i want but i don't know  wheather it is correct method or not can anyone tell me is it correct or not ,please see the attached file below

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,398 Views)

Your tab control is on top of the radio button control, not inside it. A radiobutton control accepts only booleans.

(Is there a reason that you have 6 copies of a gigantic image resized to the size of 1/2 an inch. While this is the cause that your simple VI is over 3.6MB it is just a gigantic waste of resources.)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,394 Views)

rasi wrote:

i keep tab control inside radio button now its working as i want but i don't know  wheather it is correct method or not can anyone tell me is it correct or not ,please see the attached file below

• It seems quite a convoluted way to do things. Your tab control is actually an indicator that cannot be operated, so you might even want to hide the tabs for a cleaner look. The presence of tabs might cause users to try to change tabs directly.
  • As I already said, your pictures contain way too much information (If you would show the at original size (2448x2048) , they would span many screens). You need to resample them at the final size (48x48 pixels) in a photo editing program, then insert the result, saving you megabytes on the VI size.
  • This entire thing seems silly. Why not just keep the tab control, place the tabs on the left, allow picture tabs. It would not look that different and would require no code at all!
  • Having overlapping controls on the front panel can cause performance issues because each panel redraw is much more work.
  • I would recommend to do the coloring and other cosmetics at the very end. No need to have things all black during development. Makes things hard to tell apart and arrange.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,379 Views)