LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab pages tip position

Hello world,

i builded a front panel with a tab control and then i set for each tab page a tip going in "description and tip".

What happens is that both in compile-time and in run-time the tip appears in proximity of the left-upper corner instead of close to the mouse pointer.

Any clue on how solve this problem?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,483 Views)

Duplicated post

Please do not repost your question with an alterated subject just because you don't get an answer within less than a day....

The reason for the "misplaced" tooltip is that the tab control as whole can have a tooltip. This tooltip is displayed at each page which does not have an own tooltip. The position of this "general purpose tooltip" is below the mouse pointer as expected.

If you include a tooltip for a page, this tooltip is indeed displayed above the mouse pointer. I'm ok with that since it show the user: here is a tooltip which is only valid for this very page.

The only thing which is not clear to me is the fact, that the x-axis position of the tooltip depends on the direction, the mouse pointer was moved above the page selector: coming from right, the page-tooltip is displayed on the right upper corner of the mouse pointer("left justified"), if  the mouse pointer was moved from the left, the page-tooltip is "right justified".

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,476 Views)
So.. no way to solve? In my opinion this is a bug! Isn't it?!?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,450 Views)