LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab control appearance

Several example VIs have tab controls with 'thick' borders. When I drop a tab control from the palette onto a vi, it has thin borders, and I can't work out how to change them.

I'm sure its dead simple, but I can't find it!

Thanks in advance, Ian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,932 Views)
Maybe you are confusing the two types?

controls>>dialog controls>>dialog tab control
controls>>array&cluster>>tab control
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,930 Views)
Which tab control are you using? There are two - one on the Array & Cluster palette and one on the Dialog Control palette.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,930 Views)
Hi Dennis,

I've tried both. The attached vi has 2 tab controls - one which I copied from an example which has thick borders and one each of the dialog and array versions.

Ian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,930 Views)
I am looking at LabVIEW 6.1. There are three different looking tab controls. There is the one on the Dialog Controls palette (Dialog Tab Control - Tan in color). Another one is on the Array & Cluster Pallette (Tab Control - Gray with thick border). There is also a final one found on the Controls >> Clasic Controls >> Array & Cluster pallette (Tab Control - Gray in color, same shape as the dialog tab control). From your VI, it looks like the two you are dropping are found on my Dialog Controls pallette and the Classic Controls pallette. Make sure your pallette view is set to default.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,930 Views)
For future reference, in Labview 7.1, the thick boardered tab control can be found in the under Controls: Containers: Tab Control...
I dont know if this is the case in earlier versions.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,843 Views)