From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab control - Padding around image

Hi all

I am working on an application where we have more tab controls inside a main tab control. This is done to have a main menu, and sub menu's depending on the main menu. Please see picture below:

tab control.jpg

In sted of text, we use pictures (60px X 60 px) as icons.

But I am not completely happy with the alignment of the sub-tab compared to the main tap. I would like the width to be the same, to avoid that it looks like the sub tab is shifted to the right.

On of the problems I see, is that the "padding" around the images are different. Depending on if the Tab Location is placed on the top of to the left. Please see the picture below:

tab control2.jpg

The red arrows show more "Padding" the the yellow arrows. All pictures are 60 x 60 px.

Are there any way, to control this padding, to eventually align the tabs better.

Best regards

Karsten

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,158 Views)

There are some properties nodes for controlling Tab size, that may be useful, see below.

snip.png

The other option is to try to increase the padding on your image that you are using for the tab.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,126 Views)

I think the issue is that the sub-tabs are vertical.  What is horizontal padding in the outer tab control becomes vertical padding in the inner tab control.  You should be able to take the tab width in the outer control and set it as the tab height in the inner control (using the property nodes that mcduff suggested). 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,105 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried to adjust the size according to the property node, which gives an improve result, but I am still not 100% happy 🙂

I have selected "Fixed Tab Size" and used the property node to make the tabs the same size, but the padding to the left is still not equal to each other, please see picture:

tab control3.jpg

I have looked for a property node to adjust the image, but I still need some more help 🙂

Best regards

Karsten

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,057 Views)

You could create the padding in the image itself for the images that needs it.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,054 Views)