From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Control Solution for my project

I am implementing the program acquisition and signal processing. The program has two parts are Aquisition and Analysis. I want to integrate into a program should use the "tab control". Each program section have some special processing so I do not know how the tab control to not conflict.
+ Aquisition Tab will perform receiving signals continuously from the computer through the COM port, recording the file by "write the measurement file" .tdms
+ Analysis performs the "read measurement file .tdms", which have been recorded to display and several other process.
I expect people to help to have appropriaAquisition.jpgAnalysis.jpgte solution for the tab control for my project.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,499 Views)

Hi ducta,

Ofcourse you can integrate the tab control in your project.But please clarify me on this question.

Do you want to use the tab control in a toggling fashion?i.e. initially keep the tab in acquisition and then change the tab in analysis and then again change it to acquisition.If you are using this way then only it makes sense as the acquisition and analysis will hand in hand according to the tab control.

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF 

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,491 Views)

Thanks for your answer.
My problem is looking for a tab control solutions. Is there a need use the structure as "state machine"? Because of struct is operating not true. Aquisition program using "while loop", so the transition to the Analysis tab Analysis program does not work.
I need solutions. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,482 Views)

HI ducta,

Ok then.In your case it requires a producer /consumer pattern,where the producer will read the data from the COM port ,buffer that data to a queue.

Your consumer loop will read the queue and performs all the analysis and display.The advantage is both the producer and consumer loops will run  concurrently and hence the raw data and processed data can be shown together on front panel.NO need of tab control in this case.

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,469 Views)

Thanks srikrishnaNF.
My data were continuously recording at 16 ksps rate, I think it is very high. I worry whether the system meets? So I handled offline by storing the measurement data file ".tdms" then will perform analysis and processing - offline analysis (as a separate program).
I tried using "build waveform" to add "time component" into signal recording, however when plot the signal to waveform chart, it plots very slowly, and not meets.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,439 Views)