LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEDS vi

Hi guys, i have a SCC68 with a SCC-SG24 module together with a 6229 DAQ card and i want to perform torque measurements using transducers from Transducer Techniques.

Now, the first thing of course is to read up on TEDS and i realise my LV 7.1 do not have VIs as decribed in Figure 10a. The Top Level VI Palette of the TEDS Library for LabVIEW in http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4470 Thus, i was unable to run an view examples without these VIs.

What are the software and version i need to have these TEDS VIs?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,888 Views)
Hi Atma,

You can download TEDs from here.  The TEDs library is supported by LabVIEW 7.1 and later.  The instructions for how to install the TEDs library can be found here.

I hope this helps,
Paul C.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,858 Views)
Thanks Paul, i've managed to set up the library.

I have another question though. I've been reading the forum posts and guides in the ni site, and there's something i just want to verify. Many people are talking about WRITING the data into the EPROM of their sensors, why would one want to overwrite the data already stored in the EPROM by the manufacturer?

Say my application is only to use the TEDS enabled sensor, once i setup my sensor TEDS with EPROM or a Virtual TEDS to an AI pin on the DAQ card. I can use it as normal like any other tasks the same way i would use with other user-defined tasks correct? or just use that AI pin as physical channel and LV would automatically interface with the sensor right?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,840 Views)
Hi Atma,

Glad to hear you were able to get the library set up.  In regards to your first question, the reason people typically want to write data to the EEPROM of their sensor is to update information about when the sensor was last calibrated.  This way the calibration information is always available to whomever uses the sensor.

In regards to your second question, yes, you can use your TEDS enabled sensor as a normal task.  TEDS enabled sensors essentially save you the trouble of having to setup the sensor specifications before you use it and help protect you against using the wrong specifications for your sensor.

If you would like to read more information about TEDS, I would recommend taking a look here.

I hope this information helps,
Paul C.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,824 Views)
Got it, many thanks Paul
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,817 Views)