From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS2014 LabVIEW 2016 Commands

Solved!
Go to solution

Getting a 113 error while trying to read the FFT from a Tektronix TDS2014B. The VI I'm using comes from the LabVIEW 2016 Drivers page linked below. The answers I've been able to find say that the commands being sent to the scope are wrong, however, I have not changed anything in the VIs. The scope responds to most of the VI, autosets and then it goes back to viewing it as a waveform on the scope while giving me an error in LabVIEW. Can someone tell me what the right commands might be so that I can compare them to those given in the VI?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,527 Views)

Can you show us the commands you're using, possibly by uploading your VI?

p.s. It looks like your 'linked below' link is missing. It's unlikely to be an issue, but you should go ahead and provide it if you want.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,494 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PFour

TDS2000 Series Programming Manual

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,478 Views)

Thanks for the programming manual. I thought it resolved the issue but unfortunately plugging the pdf into my VI didn't work (kidding). But the problem is that the command I'm giving it is "FFT:SOURCE CH1" which it says is not an identified command. This is consistent with the programming manual, however I can't seem to find any solutions to it. I'm using the VI called "Tektronix TDS 200 1000 2000 Series Acquire FFT Waveform.vi" from the following link. I apologize for claiming this was resolved when it was not.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=047216EC20B66FABE0440003BA7CCD...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,455 Views)

I think you should be able to use

MATH:DEFINE "FFT (CH1)";
.. Make acquisition ..
// Set the source of data to the MATH channel
DATa:SOUrce MATH
// Get the waveform data (from SOUrce)
CURVe?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,446 Views)

Ok this looks like what the LabVIEW VI is doing, except I'm not sure if it was ever specifically "DEFINEd" anywhere. Were you able to look at the drivers and see the VI?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,427 Views)

This is the command that is giving the error:

FFT:SOURCE CH1;:FFT:WIN HANNING;:SELECT:FFT ON;

There error says that FFT: is not defined. The following command is sent in a VI immediately after 

:DATA:SOURCE MATH;:DAT:ENC RPB;WID 2; :WFMPRE:XZE?;XIN?;YZE?;YMU?;YOFF?;

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,420 Views)

The driver I have, which I think covers your instrument, has this block diagram (or at least, this is the left half of the block diagram, showing strings) for the Configure Math (FFT) VI.

fft.png

I guess it's a different driver? I got mine from the Find Instrument Drivers dialog, under Tektronix

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,404 Views)

That would seem like a different driver. This is from the "Plug and Play" link when downloading the TDS2014B driver on the Tektronix 2014B Driver Page. The name of the VI is "Tektronix TDS 200 1000 2000 Series.lvlib:Configure FFT.vi"

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,383 Views)

Yes - definitely a different driver, but presumably the right one. Does prefixing the FFT command with 'MATH:' work? I'm not clear on if you'd need to put it in each statement or just the first - you can skip repeated header sections if subsequent commands are from the same header, so maybe a combined string like

MATH:FFT:SOURCE CH<n>; WINDOW HANNING; :SELECT:FFT ON;

would work. However, I'm a little doubtful, since I also don't see anything in the programming manual to suggest that would be valid. Looking at the examples under MATH:DEFINE, I'd guess this would be a better bet...

MATH:DEFINE "FFT (CH<n>, HANning)"; :SELECT:MATH ON;

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,366 Views)