LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS viewer

Hello,

I am currently working with the TDMS File Viewer to view analog and digital signals.
But the preoblem is all my plots are mingled.

TDMS Viewer.JPG

Does someone know if it is possible to get them all on top one on the other?

Otherwise, I am looking for a (free) LabView tool such as the Xviewer used with the Yokogawa technology. 

Viewer from Yokogawa.JPG

This is very useful to compare different signals because:

• it displays them all in the same frame, one on top of the other. 
  • by zooming in a graph, the same zoom applies to every graph with the same time frame (helpful but not mandatory)

Thank you all in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,958 Views)

If you want to compare analog and digital signals in a unique graph, you can convert digital signals into analog signals (array of boolean ->array of integers) and view them through TDMS viewer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,942 Views)

No, I am not comparing analog with digital signals.

I would like to compare signals (all analog or all digital) in the same frame but in different graphs.

Preferably not all merged in one graph, as it is now in the TDMS Viewer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,922 Views)

@AlainKabs wrote:

No, I am not comparing analog with digital signals.

I would like to compare signals (all analog or all digital) in the same frame but in different graphs.

Preferably not all merged in one graph, as it is now in the TDMS Viewer.

Do you mean that you want to view stacked plots? If yes, right click on a chart and select "Stack plot". Graph object does not natively support stack plots.

If you mean another visualization mode, can you be post an example?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,911 Views)

DIAdem is NIs analysis/reporting tool - it supports having custom graph views of data and includes things like stacking plots / table views etc. etc.

You can read/learn all about it here: http://www.ni.com/diadem/

If you want something in LabVIEW, you'll probably have to write it yourself if the TDMS Viewer (which is just to verify what signals are in the files and that it was recorded correctly - it's not a data analysis tool) doesn't do what you want.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,903 Views)