From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS file viewer not functioning as expected

@Andy.G wrote:

Hey James,

How long are you planning on running the device for? You could always save to internal drive of the RIO and then FTP the complete file to the host, this may stop issues you having with windows being its normal unforgiving self.

I've been doing just that - I log to the RIO and FTP it after the run finishes (I only need 2-3 hour logs) - that seems to be the cause of the problem (windows FTP capabilities). I'll test with proftp and see how it copes.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(298 Views)

I can confirm it's a combination of two things.

1) Windows FTP handling - seems to only copy>paste the first version of a file unless you copy another-named file in between. Repeated tests show this, and the use of another FTP client confirms that it's not working correctly with the windows native client - people should be made aware of this!

2) When re-running the lv.vi, the initially displayed data is the old data, despite the file having changed (for definite this time) - in order to get the correct new data you must expand the tree on the left, at which point the new data is refreshed into the view.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(294 Views)

I recommend the plugin for firefox called FireFTP. Best free FTP client ever.

If you are stuck creating unique filenames to fix your problem check out this little vi I made: http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-659

---------------------------------
[will work for kudos]
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(287 Views)