LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TClk Synchronization Error -250032

Hi there,

I am currently attempting to create a piece of software that will simultaneously broadcast an arbitrary waveform form one of my AWG's [PXIe-5423] and begin data collection on my oscilloscope [PXIe-5170R - 8 channels].  It needs to happen that the oscilloscope will be triggered by an 'Analogue Edge Ref Trigger' which then triggers the transmission and recording on the cards.

I have attempted to do this using the NI TClk system,  where I should pass the instrument session ID's to the Tclk VI's,  but when using probe mode, I can verify that the instrument ID's  [0x0D2D1AF8,0x0D2D1048] are in the array that is passed to the 'configure for Homogeneous triggers VI'.  Unfortunately, it provides an error -250032  - "The specified session is invalid.  Make sure that the sessions you pass to NI-Clk are valid. Session Index (starts at zero): 1"

This is my first time using this module of code,  and all I needed was the oscilloscope and AWG to be phase-locked so that it broadcasts the waveform for the same number of data points that the oscilloscope records for.  I have not found a way to have the AWG transmit in a finite configuration.  There is an express VI for NI FGen but it does not recognise my AWG's.  

I should mention that I have my program working where it is just the oscilloscope card, so it will wait until the trigger is tripped, and then records the right amount of data from the 8 channels on the card.  I am mainly having these issues where I am trying to integrate the transmission code in now.  I have proven that the AWG's do work using other VI's and all self-tests in MAX came back with no issues. 

I have attached my LabView programs,  which have been made using LabView 2015 SP1, NI-FGen (latest) and NI-Scope (latest).  One of them is my current problem program,  and the other is my working recorded software that uses just the oscilloscope.

I would deeply appreciate any advice at this time.  Many Thanks, Dan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,786 Views)

Hi Dan,

Have you seen the below information on using the Tclk?

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3675/en/

It includes lost of useful information on using the TClk system.

Kind Regards,

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,737 Views)