LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP WRITE

DEAR sir,
i want to write data from computer2 to computer 1using tcp communication and similarly from computer 3 to computer 1 i.e my computer 1 is receiver for computer2 and computer3. After collecting data from computer2 and computer3 , computer 1 will display the data in its own format. Please help me to make it successful.

thanking you

yours

falgandha mohire
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,821 Views)
Hi anivij,
create a server program for computer one, this waits for the connections from computer2 and 3. Did you see the shipped examples. They show how to build a server and a client.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,820 Views)

dear sir,

thanks a lot .please send me vi for both in labview 7.0

falgandha

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,791 Views)

Hi anivij,

see the attached pictures. One shows how the server could work, and the other one shows two clients which send their data.
Hope it helps.

Mike

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,762 Views)
Dear Falgandha,

Please see Basic TCP/IP Communication in LabVIEW for a general outline of the process.

You may also find utility in the LabVIEW example files.  From the LabVIEW Help Menu >> Find Examples... >> Browse by Task >> Networking >> TCP & UDP >> Simple Data Client.VI demonstrates how to open a connection to a specified host and port, read the data being sent to the port, and display the data on a chart.  This VI is designed to stop if the TCP connection is terminated.

Also from the LabVIEW Help Menu
>> Find Examples... >> Browse by Task >> Networking >> TCP & UDP >> Simple Data Server.VI demonstrates how to set up a basic TCP connection, send data to the specified port once a connection has been established, and terminate the connection once the data has been sent.  This VI is also designed to stop if the TCP connection is terminated.

You can also refer to Using LabVIEW with TCP/IP and UDP for more information.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,733 Views)