LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP transfer over different networks

Spoiler

Hello all, I am trying to send files/data through TCP/IP using labview. I have succesfully transfered files over two computers but on the same network. I was wondering if it's possible to do this but on different networks? I have attached the files that worked for me while I was on the same network. Any input or advice is appreciated Smiley Happy

I was thinking of port fowarding but I do not have knowledge in that.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,668 Views)

Hello,

You should be able to communicate over different networks fairly easily. In your example, just make sure you have specified the right IP address of the Client computer in the "Address" field. Additionally, make sure you have selected the same port on both the client and server. Have you tried it yet? If it doesn't work, you may be having some firewall issues. Good luck!

Kelsey W.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,624 Views)

@kelsey-W wrote:

Hello,

You should be able to communicate over different networks fairly easily. In your example, just make sure you have specified the right IP address of the Client computer in the "Address" field. Additionally, make sure you have selected the same port on both the client and server. Have you tried it yet? If it doesn't work, you may be having some firewall issues. Good luck!

Hey Kelsey-W,

Do you have any examples or anywhere to direct of some vi's where i can input the ip address? The vi's i posted currently work only on the same network. I do make sure that they are always on the same port . Thank you for the advice!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,598 Views)

Talk with your IT Dept/Network admin about "Port Forwarding". 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/TCP-IP-over-Internet/m-p/2422986#M747522

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,582 Views)