From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP\IP Error 63

Hi all,

Objective: My first goal is to establish communication between two PC's using TCP\IP and second goal would be to 

send a text file from one PC to another using TCP\IP.

Current Status: I have one PC which I am planning to use as a server (LabVIEW PC) the another PC, I am planning to

use as a client, which is located in another department but it is connected on the same network

(Department PC).

LabVIEW Code used: I am using two Labview VI's from NI example. These VI's are Simple Data Server.vi & Simple Data

Client.vi 

Problem: I would run Simple Data Server.vi first and then Simple Data Client second as described. It works great if I

specify the address of (LabVIEW PC) in Simple Data Client.vi. However once I put the address of my client PC

(Department PC) I would receive an error, specifically Error Code 63.

Verifications: I double checked the Firewalls on both PC's and they are turned off. I can read the IP address of my client

PC ( Department PC) using "String to IP" & "IP to String" functions. Original port setting is 2055, even by 

changing the port setting on the Simple Data Client.vi to 2056 it did not make any difference.

Note: I am working wit LV 8.6

I would really appreciate if you could help me out on this problem.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,411 Views)

Can you try running both the client and server on the Department PC?

Error 63 means the connection was refused. Maybe there is something else already listening on the ports you tried.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,395 Views)