From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP Byte to Read

Hi, I have a little question regarting to the TCP bytes to read in LabView. I'm doing a project which has a client and server. The client side has button and the server side has boolean LED. On the client side, when I turn on a button, the LED on the server side will light up. On the server side, to read all the bytes, I have write my code like this, and I have 18 event structure. But it only works with the events 0-9. How can I make it runs from 0 to 18?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(840 Views)

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 12.37.38 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(838 Views)

Please attach your actual VI instead of a picture. A picture with wires going in all directions and underneath other structures/wires is just completely useless. Try to adhere to some rudimentary style guidelines: There is no obvious way to even tell what's connected to where!

altenbach_0-1651589693195.png

I don't see any event structure and I don't know what even a "18 event structure" even is. Did you study the shipping examples?

If all you send is a boolean, you know the total size, so it seems redundant to send the message size too and do all that extra song and dance..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(811 Views)

Post your actual code for both client and server! Wild guess: the client sends the data number as hexadecimal string.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(753 Views)