LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load assembly

Hello, I've bees using LabVIEW for a few years now and would consider myself between novice and intermediate. I previously used version 8.5, but at my new job they havnt got me a copy of LV yet so I'm using 2013 evaluation for now.

My question is  I am trying to figure out how to use these manufacturer-supplied .NET dll's to extract measurement data from a proprietary .dat format (Orbit F/R). I read in the help that I should start by creating a .net constructor and load an assembly. When I try to do this my assembly is not in the list (from what I can tell) and if I browse for one of the DLL's and try to load it, it gives me an error.

How do I get this to work?

Download All
Message 1 of 4
(2,833 Views)

Hi Kornyguy06,

Depending on the dll, you may need to configure LabVIEW to work with CLR 4.0. If that is the case, then you can use the following document to do so:
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/configuring_clr_version/

But it does come with some caveats, so please make sure to read through carefully. Also make sure that you use CLR 2.0 to build any .NET interop assembly.

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,795 Views)

I tried loading the DLL's as 4.0 assemblies by adding a labview config file, but it still produced the same error when I tried to load them (after LabVIEW re-launch). I know these files work becasue someone else in the company had already used them in a MS Visual Basic program, but I don't know that language.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,778 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,757 Views)