From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Boolean with Containers

Solved!
Go to solution

In the front panel, I have two tab control containers with different charts inside it. I also have a boolean push button that satisfies the condition for the case selector on the block diagram, which generates an output onto one of the charts in the front panel. I would like to avoid having the user to manually switch tabs on the front panel every time they change the boolean push button. How do I sync the push button so that it will change to the corresponding tab control container on the front panel?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,210 Views)

Example: Container tabs 1 and 2. Toggle On/Off
Toggling on would switch to tab 1
Toggling off would switch to tab 2
Toggling on would switch back to tab 1 without having user to click on the tab 1

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,209 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mlam102

Hi mlam,

use a select function, wire the Boolean to its condition input. Create a constant from the tab control, wire it to one of the select inputs. Create another constant for the other input. Wire the select output to a local variable of the tab...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 3
(2,202 Views)