LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous start of multiple R series modules

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! I have 2 7841r modules which contains similar square generators. I need to run simultaneously 2 generators, for synchronization i use PXI_Star trigger but it dosn't helps - i have random delay between start of generators - from 0 ns to 80 microseconds. In project (untitled1 and untitled2) i use many methods for using  PXI_Star - all give same result. In host VI i use many methods for start FPGA VIs - all give same result. Pls help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dorra_ru

1. You will probably want to use a Single Cycle Timed Loop for your square wave generation.

2. Where is the trigger being asserted?  I don't see anything writing to the Start Trigger.

I would do something like this in your FPGAs.  The idea is to leave your wave generations in reset while not "active".  You can write the "active" to one of the FPGAs and have it write that value to the PXI Star as well.  The other FPGA just reads the PXI Star.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Download All
Message 2 of 3
(855 Views)

Thank you! I think that PXI_star generates impulse when i press run button. I forgot that PXI_Star is bidirectional. Analog outputs and inputs don't work in SCTL. I hope that it will works in while loop.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(842 Views)