LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize multiple videos

I'd like to create a video player that will play three video files simultaneously. I want the videos to be synched with each other as closely as possible.I'm starting with the following VI and I'm noticing that the video is not quite synchronized between the three files.

Question 1: Is there anyway to synch them up more closely?

snippet.png

I eventually want to be able to fast forward or skip ahead in one video and reset the position of the other two videos to match.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,427 Views)

One thing that you might try is putting a sequence structure around all three of your play controls.  This would ensure that LabView is waiting until all three plays receive an input.  It won't make them exactly synced because LabView will still have to choose which one to then run but it should be a little better.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(2,401 Views)

I tried that, but it doesn't synch them up any closer than they already are. Is there a way to run them all three on different processors? Would that even help or hurt?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,387 Views)

A few questions before we can get to running on different processors.  What operating system are you using? And what version of LabVIEW are you using?

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,378 Views)

Although reading through it again, I am going to assume you are using Windows which makes synchronizing a bit tricky.  What I would try next is using a timed loop.  With this you will be able to control which processor is used and try to set the start time so it might be a better idea for you.  Here a is link to NI.com for Timed Loops.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvconcepts/configuring_the_labview_timed_loop/

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,366 Views)