From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symmetrical Components / Sequence Components

Hello,

I am working with power systems and I need to work in Symmetrical Components as opposed to working directly with the three individual voltage waveforms.  I am using Labview 7.1.

To convert to Symmetrical Components you normally delay one waveform by 120deg, another by 240deg, then sum with the reference waveform.  My difficulty is two fold.

Firstly, I don't seem to be able to find something similar to Matlab's "Transport Delay" to give me the 120deg phase shift.

Secondly, the frequency will vary, so a constant delay won't work.  In Matlab I was using the "Variable Transport Delay" to overcome this (the delay being preportional to the measured frequency).

Has anyone tried anything similar in Labview before?

Many thanks,

David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,336 Views)
Hello,

Id take a look at this KnowledgeBase article.

Generate a Delayed Waveform from an Acquired Waveform 

Let me know if this helps, after looking at "Variable Transport Delay" on the MathWorks website this looks very similar.

Cheers

Tom | NIUK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,320 Views)

Hi Tom,

This looks the business!  Don't think I would have thought of doing it that way myself.

Many thanks.  I'll drop by and leave a note when I get my symmetrical components analyser working.

All the best,

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,318 Views)