LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syincronizing a Boolean control and a numeric indicator in front panel

I have this problem:
from an acquisition and subsequent data evaluation I sometimes get spurious data I do
not want to send to an output file.
Given that it is not strictly interesting/feasible to improve the post-evaluation of
the data, I would like for the moment to simply selectively enable/disable the writing
of some of the data to the file.
I have solved the problem by placing a numeric array indicator and a boolean array
side by side on the front panel (also tried a cluster but did not show any advantage).
By enabling/disabling the boolean controls, I can select which data will be sent to
the file and which will not.
The thing works fine (also from an esthetic point o
f view), except that I cannot
synchronize together the index of both arrays, i.e. I cannot place a single index that
controls the scrolling of both arrays. Since I do not want to clutter the panel too
much, I decided for the moment to show a limited and fixed amount of cells. But this
is of course a not very flexible situation.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

I apologize if there is very simple and well known solution to this question... I am
almost a newbie and self-learning soul for the moment. But I checked all the online
documentation I could (the acquisition of deja by google did not help...) and could
not find anything...

TIA!

Stefano Pelli

P.S.-In case you answer also by e-mail, please leave out the nospam thing from my
address
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,447 Views)
the property node "IndexVals" will control the index into the array indicator. If you create a property node for the master and slave indicator, wiring from one (read) to the other (write) in a polling loop, they will be syncronized. You can also use a slider or scrollbar to control the displayed array members.
Stu
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,447 Views)
Stefano,
As a suggestion you can use, say multiple selection list box, where you'll have a chance to view and select multiple numbers without synchronizing controls/indicators. Just convert numbers from source array to string numbers and wire it to property node (values). Then get selection indexes array of selected numbers from the property node of list box.
Sergey
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,447 Views)