LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching controls appearance

It may sound trivial, but I've been asked to give the LabVIEW program I'm writing a makeover. Are the options on the controller panel for buttons, rings, graphics etc...pretty much set? Is there an easy way to make the program more visually appealing?

For instance having a check box like [the one that appears on the "Email me when someone replies"] rather than a toggle switch. Or resizing text of more important outputs/indicators.

If anyone would like to post samples of their VI's for front panel arranging, that'd be great too.

Thanks everyone!

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,229 Views)

You can right click and select replace. Check out this zip file.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,226 Views)

Another good one here.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,214 Views)

You can resize controls and indicator by using the positioning tool.  Place the pointer at the edge of the control/indicator, at the double-arrow drag the control out.  To increase the text in a string indicator simple click inside the indicator to get a flashing cursor and press the Cntl+ keys to resize.  I hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,209 Views)

Hi nathanja,

Any control in LabVIEW can be customized by right-clicking and selecting Advanced > Customize.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvconcepts/custom_cont_ind_type/

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,181 Views)

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I will try these things and get back to you if I have any questions!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,179 Views)