LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support of older LabVIEW version

Solved!
Go to solution

I have LabVIEW version 7.1. According to this matrix, I can't revert to a newer LabVIEW version. Is there any options options in reverting the code? Just hoping there can be something out there that can save the piece of code I currently own in version 7.1.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019KntSAE

Thanks,

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,549 Views)

Hi Andrea,

with recent versions of LabVIEW you can "save for previous version" down to LabVIEW8.0.

Then you will need LabVIEW8 to be able to save for LabVIEW7.1.

You can also use the Version Conversion board…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,545 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AndreaD

If I understand your problem properly, you should have no problem opening your LabVIEW 7.1 VI with a newer version as stated here : http://www.ni.com/tutorial/8387/en/ *Note though that you may have some editing to do in your VI as some functions may be deprecated/obsolete/absent.

If you want to save your VI for an older version of LabVIEW, then yes there may be no solution from what I see.

Does it answer your question ?

CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
Message 3 of 5
(2,539 Views)

Yes this helps!! ... I'm just wondering why there are two different tables out there ...

Thanks,

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,513 Views)

The table you showed us is for converting to older versions. For example convert a LabVIEW 2017 VI to a LabVIEW 2015 version so that people who don't have the latest version can open the VI.

The table I gave you just show which VI versions you can open easily with your current version of LabVIEW. For example, you can open VI from LabVIEW 7.0 to LabVIEW 2017 with the latest version of LabVIEW. For other older version you would need a conversion kit or intermediate versions of LabVIEW.

CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
Message 5 of 5
(2,500 Views)