From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubVI not supported by LabVIEW C Generator

Hi,

I'm using 2011 Labview version and 2011 'Labview to C generator' tool. When I try to check syntax for the build specifications of my project, it shows errors for various subVIs (screenshot of syntax errors attached). It says "SubVI not supported by the LabVIEW Generator".

I've also attached the VIs which contain the subVI with the error.

Please let me know how these errors can be fixed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,086 Views)

Well, the error message specifically tells you what items are giving errors.

Convert from Dynamic Data.    Get rid of the dynamic datatype and use real LabVIEW data types.

Elapsed Time.  Get rid of the Express VI or at least turn it into a regular subVI.  (Open Front Panel right click option.)

Time Delay.  Another Express VI.  Get rid of it and use a normal wait.

Display Message to User.  Another Express VI.  Use a regular subVI where you it opens the front panel when called.

Knock out those errors one by one using real LabVIEW code and you should be able to solve your problem.

I'm surprised the DAQ Assistant didn't cause an error, buy maybe that is farther down on the list unseen.  Use real DAQmx functions, even if it isn't causing an error.

Message 2 of 2
(2,054 Views)