LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub VI location on deployment to LV Real Time

Ok, tiny breakthrough.

So, the problem was, when a Labview Real-Time VI is run in Development mode (i.e. just by pressing the arrow), any sub-VI's which are called dynamically (via a "Start Asynchronous Call") will NOT be deployed in the correct sense.

The only way I could find to get Asynchronously Called VI's to launch in development mode was to manually deploy them. As in, go to the project window, right click them all and select deploy. This opens up their windows, and as long as the windows aren't closed, they will be recognised using the App.Dir property plus their name and subsequently launched correctly via the main VIs dynamic launch process.

I'm really not sure why this is, but I think it's possibly a bug for Labview not to recognise the potential dependencies of Asynchronously Called VIs during deployment?

Now, to see if there is a programmatic way to deploy these VIs so I can just hit Run in my windows host code.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(255 Views)

I've created a junk Sub-VI which calls each of the dynamic Sub-VIs in a non-dynamic sense (they're just dropped straight onto the block diagram) and shuts them down straight away. This forces them to be registered as Sub-VIs which are then deployed on hitting the run arrow.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(253 Views)