LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub VI front panel loading while running Main VI is giving error.

revert VI problem.jpg

So i have a sub VI inside a main VI. I have doing programming like this for a long time. But recently I have this new problem that whenever the subVI window is open while running the main VI, then this message comes up and program stops. So every time I make a change in the subVI program, its like I have to do this the first time I run. Second time onwards it works normally. Why is this happening and how can I correct it. Thank you

Govind

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(833 Views)

Hi govindsankar,

@govindsankar wrote:

So i have a sub VI inside a main VI. I have doing programming like this for a long time. But recently I have this new problem that whenever the subVI window is open while running the main VI, then this message comes up and program stops. So every time I make a change in the subVI program, its like I have to do this the first time I run. Second time onwards it works normally.

Why do you change the VI "on disk" when you already opened it?

Why do you already open the VI before you want to place it in a subpanel?

And why don't you provide some examle code to demonstrate this behaviour?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(828 Views)

Stop moving things on disk without using the files view in the project explorer.  Your lvproj has a conflict. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(825 Views)

Why do you change the VI "on disk" when you already opened it?

i dont understand this question. What i do is I have already placed the subVI in the mainVI. Now I make some changes to subVI, then save it, close the subVI and then run the mainVI and when the part where subVI is opened comes up then the message pops us. 

Why do you already open the VI before you want to place it in a subpanel?

I dont understand this question also. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(817 Views)

Stop moving things on disk without using the files view in the project explorer. Your lvproj has a conflict.

Can you clarify

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(816 Views)

@govindsankar wrote:

Stop moving things on disk without using the files view in the project explorer. Your lvproj has a conflict.

Can you clarify

Yes.  Your lvproj file keeps track of where all your files are.  If you move them around without telling your project, you're in for a lot of heartache.  To move a file and have your project keep track of the move: In the project explorer, select the file you want to move, then select the "Files" tab, right click on the highlighted file and select "Move on disk..."  and use the file dialog to move it.  LabVIEW will move the file for you and update the the lvproj file for you as well.

I've seen your particular error when someone changes a VI somewhere else and the VI is already open.  A classic example is reverting a file in your version control software while the VI is in memory.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(787 Views)