From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming .wav file locks the system up

Solved!
Go to solution

It's quite a sophisticated file, however, essentially while playing a wav file all of a sudden it freezes, not sure what is going on....

attaching the snippets of the init state and the play state...There is not sign of failure, all of a sudden it just stops executing...

The length of the file is 58 minutes, essentially I am reading into a buffer from the start position incrementing it by 2000, until either the buffer ends of the time expires (1 hr), at this point I clear everything and load another smaller reference file.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?  Am I somehow writing too fast to the buffer?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,420 Views)

I think it's overflowing the buffer, I went back to an internal sound card (was using external nu force model)  There's a crazy memory leak going on, all my references are being closed, I am opening and closing the file every time I write to it to store data....Not sure what else can be done.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,354 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rsmrostov

Found a subvi opening and not closing the .ini file.  After the fix - no more leak.  The actual NI Sound Generating example is not causing any leaks, which is great.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,333 Views)