From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming video from network source

Looking to access a third party network resource eventually.  But the other team building that has not completed it yet so I don't know what it will look like.  So in the mean time I was going to try setting up a stream from a LabVIEW web service and accessing it with the HTTP vi's not sure if this is the correct way to do this.  I think I am trying to read the XML stream.  No docs on how to do this.  Was thinking about using .NET to do this but I was hoping for a LV solution.  

Anybody have experience streaming data from a web service?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,401 Views)

I have found a document to point you in the right direction.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9938

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,371 Views)

Thats works well, but what I need is something that can stream from a webservice (not created by LabVIEW).  I was looking at using a LabVIEW webservice to simulate this third party webservice untill I get better information on this.  

Createing the webservice that pushes the data out works fine.  But reading that webservice stream is giving me a 404.  

I can use the "Get" method seems to work but it takes forever do downlod the data, so its not fast enough for video.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,367 Views)

I think what you are trying to do will not be possible in LabVIEW. 

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,354 Views)