LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream from wifi camera using rtsp, then process the image

Hi,

I have an eken h9 camera, which has wifi. I am able to stream the video live from the VLC media player (my URL is: rtsp://192.168.1.1/MJPG?W=640&H=360&Q=50&BR=3000000), but then I'm unable to get the same video on the labview VI. I tried reading and writing from the same file (the one VLC was writing to, but that didn't work either. I can't find any example code using Find Examples in LV, as there is nothing about RTSP protocol.

Any help regarding this issue will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,223 Views)

If you really need it, there is a practical implementation, but for this you will have to use the help of Google Translate.

IP Camera over VLC starting from 3 pages approximately

There will be questions - write. I have working implementations

Labview 4.0, 5.0, 6.1, 8.6, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014
If you do not know something, ask me.
Message 2 of 6
(7,200 Views)

Thanks a lot, that really helped. I have not downloaded it yet, but does it require ActiveX? If it does, can you please share how to download the API or module for it, since activex controls don't work with labview on my pc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,172 Views)

There's a very simple library that encapsulates working with VLC and reads a video buffer

Labview 4.0, 5.0, 6.1, 8.6, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014
If you do not know something, ask me.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,161 Views)

One way is to directly interface to the VLC API and incorporate it into LabVIEW as Borjomy seems to show. The other is to install a Microsoft Direct Show compatible driver like this, that can interface to RTSP streams and then use that driver through the NI-IMAQdx interface.

Both have advantages and disadvantages. While NI-IMAQdx is a powerful solution it does require a license from NI to install on client computers, and setting up the RSTP source filter to connect to a particular streaming service can be a bit tricky, depending on the Direct Show source filter you use.

VLC has its own challenges to get fully working and configured properly, but should be a free solution. I can't comment on the quality of the library Boromy refers to, to use VLC from within LabVIEW, but interfacing to a DLL/shared library is a tricky business and there is usually no 99% right. Only 100% is really good enough for anything but a quick and dirty test demo.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,153 Views)

Hi I am using Hikvision ip camera,I want to interface it with labview and get video feed through labview,Please some one suggest me some ways.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,245 Views)