From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing array data (tab limited) in Excel file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am using "Write to measurement file" for storing an array of measurements in different columns. The problem is it is storing all the data in one column under the title "untitled" and also filling in the time with year 1904. I want different column names with the various columns and also exact time of data storage. My excel file and program are attached here. Pls suggest how should i proceed. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,142 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sr_murd

There is technically no such thing as a tab delimited Excel file.  Excel has their own proprietary format for files.

You can have a tab delimited text file that Excel can open or import.  Try using Write to Delimited Spreadsheet function in the File I/O palette instead of the Write to Measurement Express VI.

You have a race condition in your code where you are writing to terminals and reading from local variables of those terminals in the same loop.  In all likelihood, the read of the local variables will happen before the terminals get written to meaning you'll be reading stale data from the previous iteration.  You should get rid of those local variables and use wires!

Message 2 of 3
(2,111 Views)

As well as what evil purple team fan said,  a search for. Time to XL.vi will get you a nice vi to convert time to excel's epoch

-Vikings Fan

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 3
(2,106 Views)