LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing Data, Array; Labview with Arduino

My teammate and I are trying to figure out how to store data recorded from arduino uno into an array in Labview so that we can manipulate said data.  The project is to determine the gravitational constant, g, using a simple pendulum.  We know how to do the calculations and can get the data into an Excel spreadsheet, but then we don't know how to use the data within Labview.  Ideally, we wouldn't store the data into Excel, but control it entirely within Labview. It would be ideal to store the data into an array with which we could could perform the calculations and it would reset itself every time the program was started. We read a little bit on shift registers but we're not sure how to use those either. We've attached a copy of our VI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,848 Views)

Initialize the shift register with an empty array outside on the left. In the true case, use "built array" to append the new data to the array in the shift registers (resize to two inputs, existing array from the left shift regsiter on top, new value on the bottom) and wire the resulting array into the shift register on the right.

Wire the array across unchanged in the false case.

(that inner FOR loop makes absolutely no sense, delete it. I recommend doing some LabVIEW tutorials)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,823 Views)