LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store changing numeric values to an array

Below is the new attached VI that might help you understand.
I have fixed number of columns but I want each entry to be in a new ow while the old enteries are kept in previous rows.

For example, if I change a parameter from numeric control, thus changing the output array. I press a button and it saves these entries and jump o next row where I can record another set of entries. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,241 Views)

You have a 1 iteration for loop that just turns a 1-D array into a 2-D array of a single row.  If you want to put it into multiple rows:

1.  Get rid of the For loop.

2.  Use Build array and a shift register to store the array betweeen iteration and put a new row onto it each iteration.

3.  Look at the online LabVIEW tutorials to learn more about how to program in LabVIEW.
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,226 Views)

I have made the following VI more generically. But I'm unable to store the previous values. When I change the numeric control values, the previous values also change. I wish to change only the current value without changing  my previous record. 
I have used another numeric control to increase number of rows. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,215 Views)

You are putting an new array into the shift register every iteration rather than building it into the array that is being stored in the shift register.

(I have no idea what you are trying to do with those empty For Loops up top.

Here is a fixed version of your VI.  Study this, and don't forget to look at LabVIEW tutorials.

Message 14 of 14
(1,199 Views)