cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop button during program wait in a state machine

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks everyone for the help.

I decided to use RavensFan's method and it worked nicely.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,104 Views)

Sorry if this is ancient history, but how would you wire in a stop command with a control in this example?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(318 Views)

@taylorblack wrote:

Sorry if this is ancient history, but how would you wire in a stop command with a control in this example?

This thread contains several examples. Can you explain in detail what problem you are trying to solve? What is a "stop command"?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(306 Views)

It is the example from Crossrulz. I'm simply trying to figure out how to make a stop button immediately transition to a stop state in a state machine so that I can shut down the running equipment.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(291 Views)

@taylorblack wrote:

It is the example from Crossrulz..

That's more like a fragment that anything else and requires significantly more code to be functional. Personally, I refuse to resize shift registers for more than one history value. Bad form, IMHO. 😄

Still, maybe all you need is a select based on the stop button to overwrite the state, e.g. as follows:

altenbach_0-1681252465519.png

Of course dataflow dictates that the previous state needs to complete, so if you have slow states with lengthy sequences structures (yuk!), you are out of luck. I would recoomend to start a new thread and attach what you have so we get a better picture of the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(271 Views)