LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepper Motor Control ?

I am using a stepper motor in open loop mode.  I am trying to command it to move forward and back using sequential commands.  The stepper motor doesn't complete the move or doesn't move at all.  How do I get it to complete the move before it goes to the next move?  I attached a screen shot of part of the code for my program.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,504 Views)
I would check the specs for the motor - from what I remember driving one previously, there was a precise pattern of output that my program had to cycle through. To drive the motor in reverse, just output the same pattern in reverse order.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,499 Views)

I am not sure what you mean by reverse order.  The VIs?  They need to be in that order to execute a move don't they?  I can get it to go in reverse by using the - or negate function.  It still does not fully execute a move before it continues to the next move.  I have even tried a case structure that stops motion when the encoder postion = target position, without the desired results.  Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,488 Views)
Hey Hoodoo Guru,

Have you gotten your motor to run with one of the examples?  (Help >> Find Examples)

The motion examples are located in Hardware Input and Output >> Motion

Some simple one-axis examples that may interest you are located in the Hardware Input and Output >> Motion >> Straight Line Move folder, such as...
Sequence of Blended One-Axis Moves.vi
Simple One-Axis Move (Onboard).vi

Chris Bolin
LabVIEW Partner Program, CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,437 Views)
I looked in the examples you mentioned and found one that references how to complete one move proir to moving on to the next step.

Thanks!!

Message Edited by Hoodoo Guru on 06-27-2008 08:27 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,423 Views)

Use 'wait of move to complete' to ensure that the move is done before the next call is made.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,418 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,403 Views)