From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Code: -88705

My LABVIEW 2016 used to work just fine when I have W7, my university upgraded to W10 now I am having troubles because my NI-PXI-6229 AND NI PXIe 6356 from my module NI PXIe-1073 are not being recognized so none of the programs can run in here. 

I see error code "Status Code: -88705"  for the device NI-PXI-6229 AND NI PXIe 6356 but I am not sure how to prove whether is hardware or a software issue. or in general how to fix this problem,. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,174 Views)

When you upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, how did you "migrate" your LabVIEW 2016 software?  Did you do a "migration", where you attempt to "upgrade-in-place", letting Windows take an existing system (with installed software, including LabVIEW) and attempt to update just the operating system?

My recommendation (since you are having specifically LabVIEW problems) would be to completely uninstall all National Instruments software, reboot, and then install LabVIEW 2016 "fresh" from the distribution disks (if you have them).  You will, of course, need your License number for the Activation.

I've installed LabVIEW 2016, including the LabVIEW Real-Time Module and PXI Support, on numerous occasions and find that it runs very smoothly, especially if you run it from a LabVIEW 2016 Distribution Kit.  (I was the "go-to" person for Engineering students who wanted to run LabVIEW on their laptops).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,133 Views)