From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup VI of LV Web Service in executable

It seems like the startup VI of a web service does not run when in an executable. See the attached example.

When I start the web service from the project (right click on WeatherMonitor >> Start), the startup VI (Startup Test.vi) runs. I can tell it runs because it writes a file in My Documents called WS-test-debug.txt. However, when I build it into an executable (right click on "Weather Simulator (Server)" under build specifications >> Build and >> Run), the file is not written/updated.

I think this behavior only happens in LabVIEW 2020 and not earlier. I'm guessing it's because of the new NI Web Server, which is different from the old Application Web Server (I think?). I'm wondering if this is a bug in 2020 or if I am doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(955 Views)

Ok well I'm not sure why this error was happening but I did an NI update and it started working again. Who knows...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(829 Views)