Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Asyn Call function

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 40
(798 Views)

@Vasilich2004 wrote:

I am not talking about parallel execution paths in general. This is a major strength of LabVIEW. Applications I work on have dozens, if not hundreds of parallel tasks all running together. (Very large, distributed, network messaged based system). What I am specifically saying can and generally will be very problematic is parallel tasks communicating with the same device. Your device is serial based and it should only have a single task communicating with it. You can easily run into race conditions and contention if you have multiple tasks all competing for a single serial port. This raises a red flag for me.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 40
(795 Views)

@Vasilich2004 wrote:

Still am unclear what you want, but if you just don't want a wire, use a FGV, global, etc.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 40
(788 Views)

Global isn't good idea to use.

FGV (functional global variable) is very-very bad idea.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 40
(784 Views)

I am going to quote Bob here,

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I give up.  I don't understand what you are trying to do, but see that you really want to "do it your way".  The problem is that I don't have a clear understanding of the whole Project, so don't know how the various piece fit together.

Bob Schor

You pptx doesn't help any. Good luck.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 40
(781 Views)

@Vasilich2004 wrote:

Global isn't good idea to use.

FGV (functional global variable) is very-very bad idea.

While I generally don't use global variables or FGV often, they are not necessarily a "very-very bad idea". They are useful if you have some piece of information that gets initialized once and is needed in many places within your code. They can also be used effectively when there is only a single writer and multiple readers. They can be easily misused and abused. But they do have their uses at times.

Mark Yedinak
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 40
(780 Views)

They can also be used effectively when there is only a single writer and multiple readers.

Never say NEVER!

FGV brings headache like leak memory.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 40
(767 Views)

@Vasilich2004 wrote:

They can also be used effectively when there is only a single writer and multiple readers.

Never say NEVER!

FGV brings headache like leak memory.

Ok, you win. You're right and I'm wrong. I think like others I am done here. I feel like I am talking to a wall and that you really aren't looking for advice.

Mark Yedinak
LabVIEW Champion

Message 38 of 40
(763 Views)
Sorry Mark. I really apologize. I didn't want to make YOU feel unhappy.
Also I appreciate for You and other people about some news in this topic.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 40
(756 Views)

@Vasilich2004 wrote:
Sorry Mark. I really apologize. I didn't want to make YOU feel unhappy.
Also I appreciate for You and other people about some news in this topic.

Apology accepted. I'm just trying to offer advice after decades of experience. I'm fortunate to work on a team very committed to employing the best software development practices available and keeping current with the latest state of the art SW engineering practices.

Mark Yedinak
LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 40
(750 Views)