From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spurious signals in PXIe 5641R IF transceiver

Hi all,

I am using the example named 'RFSG Single Tone Generation.vi' to generate a signal from the RF signal generator and give its output to PXIe 5641R IF transceiver. And then using the FPGA example named 'Analog Input' for PXIe 5641R IF transceiver, i tried to view the spectrum of the generated signal. The spectrum shows some spurious signals that disappear with the reduction in signal span. I have tried it with different Signal Span options and the results are shown in the files attached. I am getting these spurious signals even if i don't give any input to the IF transceiver. 

Any ideas why is this so?

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,091 Views)

Sandee,

Those look like harmonics (except for the DC componnent). The second harmonic is down >30 dB from the fundamental.

What are the specifications of the signal generator at this frequency and power output level?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,084 Views)

The center frequency of the generated signal was 2MHz and power level was -30dBm.

I have attached another image that shows the results when there is no input connected to AI port of PXIe 5641R. I get this peak of a very high level at the specified AI center frequency.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,077 Views)

Does you signal have a DC component?  This can produce large zero-frequency results in the spectral analysis.

What is the harmonic output specification of your signal generator hardware?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,073 Views)